Smith & Nephew Opsite Spray Dressing 100ml
Shipping calculated at checkout.
OPSITE Spray is a transparent and quick drying film which is easy and convenient to apply. The film helps to provide protection for dry minor surgical and surface wounds.
- Permeable to moisture vapour and air
- Water resistant
- Conformable and elastic
- Quick and easy to apply
- This product contains no Chlorofluorocarbon (CFC) propellants
Permeable to moisture vapour and air
OPSITE Spray is permeable to moisture vapour and air, allowing the surrounding skin to breathe, so preventing maceration.
The skin area can be bathed easily without affecting the dressing or the wound.
Conformable and elastic
The film stays intact over skin areas that are flexible or mobile such as knuckles.
Quick and Easy to apply
OPSITE Spray can be used for a variety of minor dry wounds, in particular:
- Minor cuts and abrasions
- Over dry sutured wounds
- Sealing of drainage tubes and external orthopaedic fixation, such as Steinman pins
- After suture removal
- Over vaccination sites
- Skin graft fixation
- Can help to protect unbroken blisters
- Can help to protect the skin from friction and so help prevent blisters
Contraindications / Precautions
- Avoid inhaling.
- Use in a well ventilated area.
- Avoid contact with eyes.
- Do not spray on a naked flame or any incandescent material.
- Pressurised container: protect from sunlight and do not expose to temperatures exceeding 50 degrees Celsius. Do not pierce or burn, even after use.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- For external use only.
- Keep away from sources of ignition - No smoking.
- Do not use with plastic intravascular devices.
- Avoid spraying onto fabrics.
- Not to be used with iodine preparations. Skin reddening may occur when used with an iodine solution and covered with occlusive dressings.
- Not intended to be used in conjunction with other medicated preparations.
- Do not apply on children under the age of 18 months.
- For skin grafts: It is imperative that adequate areas of the graft are left without spray to allow adequate drainage of serous fluid.